Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Learning Disabilities More Condition_symptoms Side Effects Of CT Scan For 7 Month Infant - Radiation And Learning Disabilities?

Side Effects of CT Scan for 7 Month Infant - Radiation and Learning Disabilities? - learning disabilities more condition_symptoms

My son had been down recently, a CT scan after falling. As I read the literature of 2002 - 2004 compared to a Swedish experience has shown that young children (under 18 months), based on radiation levels in the brain similar to a scanner designed to stay learning.

Does anyone know more about it?

Thank you.

5 comments:

sarahsmu... said...

Hello, I am a CT technician in Florida. Pediatric CT is one of my main concerns as a technician, so I researched the hell out of him because I am management.

The major problem in pediatric CT is the amount of radiation. That is enough. We must therefore have been found by a doctor who covered the potential harm to your child was worse than the possible damage to be prescribed in the audit.

When ionizing radiation in nature (CT) through the body, some of them in the body, and interacts with cells. The reason we are more with radiation therapy for children, because their cells are growing and developing faster than an adult. There is more chance that interact with the cells with radiation ... grow abnormally.

I'm not very familiar with the risk of learning disabilities. However, I am familiar with the risk of developing cancers. A study is a cause for many of entertainment in the medical community about this - it is estimated that 1 in 220 children who die receive a CT scan of the headCancer as a direct result of the radiation in each CT examination increased.

I'm not saying this to scare you. It is a means of education on this topic. The fact of the matter is that when his son, an injury like a skull fracture and bleeding in the brain of his fall, had his chances of being seriously ill or die anyway much larger than 1 220, s before all, 'it is not diagnosed because of fear of radiation.

CT radiation is to be feared but is, however, we must respect the risk and not the children who have no real reason scan to scan. It's do you call a doctor. I wish there was a way for parents to inform without frightening it. But to find out is my problem, ...

Hope this helps, and not as a threat.

WOKA-WOK... said...

I've never heard or read this study. I read, but I would not have much faith. The radiation levels are small and insignificant. However, you must be aware that children, computed tomography, ultrasound and x-ray obtained at that age are often special cases, and doctors are looking for some internal defect.

VBchicky said...

The radiation is obviously not a good thing that her baby no bleeding or swelling in his brain, or a fracture that was very important. AFAIK, the biggest concerns for a scan of the head of a child to be the eyes and thyroid. Never heard of delays in development, but it certainly can not say it's impossible!

VBchicky said...

The radiation is obviously not a good thing that her baby no bleeding or swelling in his brain, or a fracture that was very important. AFAIK, the biggest concerns for a scan of the head of a child to be the eyes and thyroid. Never heard of delays in development, but it certainly can not say it's impossible!

VBchicky said...

The radiation is obviously not a good thing that her baby no bleeding or swelling in his brain, or a fracture that was very important. AFAIK, the biggest concerns for a scan of the head of a child to be the eyes and thyroid. Never heard of delays in development, but it certainly can not say it's impossible!

Post a Comment